Pain Perdu, meaning a “Lost Bread” from French, is one of recipes from France. This one is easy to cook at home, and less fats than the version from Hong Kong. The one from Hong Kong is deep-fried and with peanut-butter filling between two of the sliced breads, which is deemed as a high calories tea break item in Hong Kong.
So, today I will use one piece of bread for my tea time serving with some fruits and my coffee, hoping that it is less calories… 🙂
Ingredients (1 pax)
- bread of your choice
- 1 egg
- 30 ml of fresh milk
- beat the egg in a mixing bowl
- add a pitch of salt
- add a pitch of cinnamon
- mix well the mixture
- put the mixture on a tray with milk
- soak the bread until all mixture is absorbed (cut your desired size in advance)
- heat the skillet with butter
- pan fried on medium heat and serve with Nutella or toppings of your choice.